Our Fall 2016 edition of Mountain Echo brings the lastest stories, news and updates from Sempervirens Fund
- Letter from the Executive Director – Sara Barth highlights Sempervirens Fund’s current projects.
- Ghost Redwoods: Solving the Albino Redwood Mystery – UC Davis graduate student Zane Moore sheds light on mysteriously pale redwoods. (cover story)
- The Heart and Science of the Wender Group Grove (video and article) – Jacqueline Wender helps students dedicate a redwood grove to her husband’s lab, where cancer research is helping to save lives and protect trees.
- Project Highlight: Volunteer Restoration Events – Volunteers are working hard to clean up San Vicente Redwoods, Lompico Headwaters Forest and the Whalen property.
- A New National Monument on the Horizon -Learn about our campaign for Cotoni-Coast Dairies National Monument.
- The Kirkwood Connection to Castle Rock – The Kirkwood family has a longstanding connection to Castle Rock and anticipate the opening of the park’s brand new entrance.
- History in the Making:
- Students in the Redwoods – Sempervirens Fund sponsors a trip to Big Basin for youth.
- Saving Historic Photos – An archivist and volunteers digitize historic images.
Please visit our Publications page for additional newsletters and more. Or donate now and receive our newsletters in your mailbox.