Get the latest stories, news and updates from Sempervirens Fund in our Fall 2015 Mountain Echo newsletter (PDF). This edition includes the following:
- Quiroste Valley – Learning from the past and looking to the future (cover story). Discover Quiroste (pronounced “Keer-osh-tee”), where Portola’s expedition made first contact with the native people and learn how their cultural history and practices are being preserved through our land conservation efforts and partnerships. (Also watch: Quiroste Valley on OpenRoad with Dough McConnell)
- Google Trekking the Great Park – Join us off the grid as we bring Google’s Street View technology to Santa Cruz Mountains trails.
- Cotoni-Coast Dairies National Monument Campaign – Get the latest on this historic endeavor to create a national monument in Santa Cruz County. (Also visit: www.cotonicoastdairies.org)
- Birth of the Santa Cruz Mountains Stewardship Network – A brand new effort bringing stakeholders together to explore how best to keep our region healthy and resilient.
- Letter from the Board President – Embodying Redwood Resiliency
- At Work in Our Community – Andrew P. Hill High School
- New Faces at Sempervirens Fund – Board and Staff Updates
- Great Park Campaign Update (Also see: Great Park Campaign web page)
Cover art by Ann Thiermann.